Green Building Practices
Precision Walls, Inc. is committed to doing our part to lessen the environmental impact of our business and products and increase awareness of how each of us can make a difference every day. Precision Walls has LEED-certified experience and can provide services for all of your large and small construction projects. We have the expertise and experience to construct buildings that meet the highest standards for energy efficiency and environmental impact. Our project estimators work with suppliers to bring our customers “Green” alternatives, and environmentally friendly products.
Green building (also known as green construction) refers to a process in which environmentally-friendly and resource-efficient measures are incorporated throughout a building’s life-cycle – from design to execution. With almost 50 years experience in the commercial construction industry, we take great pride in our ability to construct buildings that boost long-term affordability, quality and efficiency.
Precision Walls can help you build green through our use of the following products:
- Superwall®: An eco-friendly wall system, Superwall® offers similar attributes as that of drywall partitions and is competitive with painted drywall. The movable partitions can help you achieve LEED® Certification. The H-Studs, aluminum frames and gypsum panels are also 100% recyclable. Movable partition systems can help in the reduction of landfill waste. Superwall® can assist you with material credits with projects within 500 miles of Raleigh, NC.
- Maars Livings Walls:
- FSC Certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
- BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) Certified
- Cradle to Cradle Certification
- ISO 9001 & 14001 Manufacturing Standards
- The Netherlands are ranked #18 out of 180 countries with an Environmental Performance Index (EPI) score of 75.46
- Tile Rain-Screen Wall Systems: Environmentally-friendly, all of the materials we use to construct our tile rain-screen wall systems are fully recyclable and provide a 50% higher insulation value, which reduces energy consumption.
- Aluminum Composite Panels: Not only are they made with recycled content, but our aluminum composite panels are 100% recyclable.
Precision Walls implements LEAN construction initiatives on our projects to maximize value and minimize waste. As a result, we are working safer, smarter and faster.
One of the initiatives implemented is the policy that “no trash hits the floor” and the use of customized trash carts. Other LEAN practices include the use of systematic gang box organization, tool buckets and a Conex with everything labeled to enable everyone to retrieve equipment quickly. During the course of construction, the Precision Walls’ foremen and quality control specialists ensure all work areas are kept in a orderly fashion and systems are installed within the established tolerances.
Eliminates unnecessary tasks
Simplifies project coordination
Keeps excess materials off of the job site
Provides predictable project workflow and final results
Improves overall performance
Accelerates the workflow of the project
Increases job site safety
Go ‘Green’ with the Help of Precision Walls, Inc.
At Precision Walls, we have the expertise and experience to construct buildings that meet the highest standards of energy efficiency and have the least environmental impact. We work with suppliers to bring you the “green” and environmentally-friendly products you are in search of!
We have the experience to provide Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) and Lean Initiatives throughout the preconstruction and construction processes of our projects. This knowledge provides reassurance that projects are designed and constructed utilizing techniques and resources that improve energy and production efficiently while reducing the environmental impact. We support LEED and Lean Programming for the benefit of the built environment and boast an impressive portfolio of successful projects.
Headquartered in the Raleigh, NC area, Precision Walls, Inc. proudly serves commercial customers in Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, Raleigh and Wilmington, NC; Charleston, Columbia and Greenville, SC; Nashville, TN; Richmond, VA and throughout the Southeast.